Vaping is nothing but the act of inhaling vapor from a personal vaporizer that contains e-liquid. This is called the tobacco free version of a cigarette. Vaping is very similar to smoking without the harmful effects of it. A vaporizer and the e-liquid can be purchased from any vaporizers shop. The vapor does not contain any bad smell, bad breath, no need of ashtrays, no cigarette burns and no chance of getting cigarette related illnesses such as cancer.
Vaping is defined as the usage of a vaporizer. It is done by heating liquid that generates vapor. The user is called a vaper. The vaper also gets the much craved nicotine hit from inhaling the odorless vapor that is generated from the vaporizer. Due to the growing popularity of vaping, many vaporizers shop have seen a boom in their business and have started encouraging youngsters to use this rather than getting hooked to cigarettes.
Vaping came into existence in the 1960’s. At that time, the vaporizers were bulkier to carry around and were more of a tabletop appliance. Hon Lik from China is said to be the brains behind this innovation. He was a Chinese pharmacist who was determined to make amends after his father died of cancer due to smoking. At that time he called the device ‘Ruyan’, which translates to ‘like smoke’. This innovation proved to be a hit and thus vaping was born. A vaporizer consists of many components that you can easily get at a vaporizers shop. Some of these components are:
- Battery: This acts as the power source for the vaporizer and can be charged via USB.
- Tube: This is the main component of the vaporizer.
- Cartridge: This is where the e-liquid is held.
- Atomizer: This component is responsible for heating the e-liquid and generating vapor.
- Cartomizer: This is a combination of a cartridge and an atomizer.
- E-Liquid: This is also called e-juice. It is a water based liquid that is infused with nicotine. It is also available in hundreds of flavors. An e-juice is made up of propylene glycol or vegetable glycerin, flavoring and nicotine.
The e-liquid is available in various nicotine strengths depending on your frequency of smoking. It is available in ultra light (6 mg), regular (18 mg), medium (12 mg) and strong (24 mg). There is also a 0 mg version for those that do not want the nicotine hit. Purchasing a stronger e-liquid can cause a throat sensation called ‘kick’ or ‘throat hit’ The choice of nicotine content depends on the user.